In 2007, the house was purchased by the City of Prague from the architect's son. Thanks to the respect and piety that Jan Rothmayer, himself a major photographer and pupil of Josef Sudek (2.2.1932 Prague-Břevnov - 25.2.2010 Prague-Břevnov), bore towards the work of his father, both the house and its interiors, the extent of unoriginal elements and later structural alterations was low. In 2012–2013, restoration work was performed on the villa, including the interiors, and part of the garden. The restoration process included the renewal of exterior and interior surfaces, stone elements, windows and doors, carpentry elements, the built-in and freestanding furniture, sanitary ceramics, or the tiled stoves and several artefacts in the garden. Once completed, the house returned to its appearance in the late 1950s and early 1960s, with the only elements added being authentic objects originally from this time. After the completion of the final work, the villa was transferred in 2014 to the City of Prague Museum, which prepared the exhibition entitled 'The Story of One House and One Family'. The exhibit was first opened to the public in September 2015.