The Prague architect, designer, and pedagogue Otto Rothmayer (28.2.1892 Prague-Vinohrady - 24.9.1966 Prague-Břevnov) was trained as a carpenter by his father. From 1912 to 1920, he was a student of architect Jože Plečnik at Prague's Academy of Applied Arts. In 1921, Plečnik chose him as his representative in the Construction Department of Prague Castle; up until Plečnik's departure from the Castle in 1934, this former pupil and later close friend was Plečnik's closest collaborator in the architectural configuration of interior and exterior spaces in Prague Castle, the Castle gardens and the Lány chateau for President T. G. Masaryk. Following Plečnik's departure, Rothmayer completed on his own Plečnik's original spatial conceptions, though in his own style and a simpler formal orientation. From 1946 to 1951, he also served as a professor at the Academy of Applied Arts, training many excellent future architects and industrial designers. After he left the service of the Castle in 1956, his intensive focus shifted to the design of museum and gallery exhibits, public exhibitions, and furniture.